Queen Elizabeth School

Student Care

Your Head of Year is here to support you or to give you advice if you think you might need your teachers or reception staff to know about a health need or medical condition.

This might be some medication you need to store at pupil reception to take when you need it, or to give your teachers some information about how your medical condition or health need makes your feel or affects your school work. Many students in school have an Individual Health Care Plan (IHCP) which brings together the key information staff in school need to know. This is usually put together by your Head of Year or Mrs Chapman, along with you and your parents. We would also use this information to help decide if we need to put any access arrangements for exams in place.

Remember, if you are worried about anything, please talk to one of your teachers in school. We’re all here to help you and we want to make sure you enjoy school and feel safe, well and happy here.

You might also find these sources of information helpful:

Info about drugs

0800 254 5658

Self Harm Awareness (SAFA)

Tel: 01229 832269

Kooth Online counselling

Info about eating disorders


Tel: 0800 068 4141

Info about Meningitis

Tel: 0808 80 10 388

Mindline (mental Health)

Tel: 0300 561 0000

Unplanned pregnancy advice

Tel: 03457 304030

Info about Diabetes

Tel: 0345 123 2399

NHS information

Tel: 111

Someone to talk to

Teen Health

Contraception advice

Rape Crisis line

Tel: 0808 118 6432

Help with bereavement

Tel: 0808 808 1677

Cumbria e-School Nurse